The national Anti-Hunger and Opportunity Corps Program (AHOC) is one of the largest anti-hunger AmeriCorps VISTA projects in the country. Its main focus is to fight hunger and improve nutrition by breaking down barriers to accessing SNAP and expanding economic opportunity and ensuring healthy futures for all Americans.
Anti-Hunger and Opportunity Corps members increase the capacity of anti-hunger community organizations to help meet the needs of low-income community members, particularly seniors, working families, and non-English speaking populations.
AHOC has been a project of Hunger Free America in partnership with anti-hunger organizations across the county since 2010.
Hunger Solutions Minnesota in partnership with Hunger Free America is seeking two full-time VISTA members:
This is a one year, full-time position beginning August 23, 2016. Additional requirements are in the job descriptions.
• $452.45 Living allowance, paid biweekly (see accompanying doc for amount)
• Segal Education Award ($5,775) or End-of-Service stipend ($1,500)
• Health benefits
• Housing or alternative assistance of up to $400
• Training support up to $500
• Potential to forbear or defer student loans while in service
• Relocation assistance (if applicable)
• Childcare assistance (if applicable)
• Optional life insurance
• One year non-competitive status for federal government positions
• A network of over 180,000 AmeriCorps VISTA members and alums
How to Apply:
Interested applications please send a resume and cover letter to Alexandra Andersen at firstname.lastname@example.org.