Strategic Priorities 2013-2016
- Serve as a credible, trusted link between government, nonprofit, and corporate sectors in efforts to improve access to public nutrition programs.
- Strengthen our grassroots advocacy efforts and strive to include more direct voices of hunger.
- Serve as the primary source for accurate and timely food shelf data and as a lead source of analysis for all main hunger factors affecting Minnesota.
- Ensure that those facing food insecurity have access to a food shelf that provides effective service in a respectful manner to all community members in need.
- Work with government and nonprofit partners to ensure that quality food is made available to all low-income Minnesotans and is distributed in an efficient and equitable manner.
- Increase HSM’s impact and resources by strengthening the agency’s efforts to reach out to supporters and the general public to communicate our mission and accomplishments.
- Strive for continuing excellence in board leadership.